You advocated for key legislation and Congressional action, including:
- Continuing to support $3.1 billion in security assistance to Israel
- Renewing our country’s program to support joint missile defense funding with Israel
- Ensuring that harsher sanctions are enacted against Iran if it does not reach an acceptable final agreement on its nuclear program
- Imposing financial sanctions on the terrorist organization Hezbollah
- Speaking out against BDS and exposing its bigotry
We are among the first pro-Israel advocates to organize a mission promoting the new House Bill H.R. 4411 – the Hezbollah International Financial Prevention Act. This bill curtails Hezbollah’s funding by sanctioning foreign banks which do business with the the organization. It also seeks to stem their international influence by hitting satellite providers who air al-Manar – Hezbollah’s television station which promotes terrorism world-wide.
Now that you’ve been on the Mission and met with Members of Congress and their staff, don’t forget to follow up! One of the most important aspects of the Mission is the ability to build a relationship with the respective Congressional offices which you visited. Your correspondence with these offices is key to keeping the issues of importance fresh in the minds of our nation’s leaders in Washington, D.C. Please thank them for their time meeting with you on Mission day, and remind them how important the U.S.-Israel relationship really is.
Thank you to everyone who attended, thank you to our Mission committee and staff, and thanks to all of our members who support our organization and our mission to strengthen the U.S.-Israel relationship!
MISSION LOGISTICS CHAIR MISSION TALKING POINTS CHAIR
Edison/Highland Park: Andrew Freedman, Marc Hanfling
Five Towns/Long Island: Margie Glatt, Robert Margulies, Jason Muss, Avram Schrieber, Stanley & Trudy Stern
Avi Schranz – Executive Director
Mindy Berman – Director of Development
Sandi Dube – Scheduler